Saturday, July 12, 2008

SRINIVASA RAMANUJAM

Maths is my favorite subject right from my school days.In this post i am going to say few lines about the famous mathematician srinivasa ramanujam.He was a real mathematical prodigy."I remember once going to see him when he was lying ill at puney,"the mathematician G.H Hardy once remarked."I had return in taxicab number 1729,and remarked that the number seemed to me rather a dull one, and i hoped it was not an unfavorable omen.
"No,'he replied,'it is a very interesting number';it is the smallest number expressible as the sum of two cubes in two different ways."Actually ramanujam was discovered with his talent by Hardy,to whom he sent his first papers.Hardy gave 100 points to ramanujam on his scale of rating.Even he use to value himself for only 25 points but he gave the maximum to this legend.

No comments: